Monday, April 20, 2009

Welcome

Just getting started blogging here. I've enjoyed microblogging on my Facebook status updates then tried Twitter, but wanted to do something where I could expound a bit more.

I enjoy local politics and the occasional quip on business here and there. You can expect a little of both with a slant towards the politics stuff.

A word about 'comments.'

The thing I like about the dialouge on Facebook is that when folks comment on posts or notes, you have to stand behind it because your name is published with your comment. The problem with blogs and comments on news sites is that anonymity breeds sarcasm, personal attacks, and frankly unintelligent debate. My hope is that people here will feel free to post their actual names, think before they submit - and most of all have fun!

2 comments:

  1. I was going to post a really rude comment about how I think you smell like potato salad, but then I read that last paragraph and realized I would have to sign it with my real name instead of my pen name, Alexandrea Laurentia. So I guess all I can say now is, "Gosh this sure is a nice blog Mr. Frandsen! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with me."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexandrea Laurentia - that explains a lot about you. I always pegged you as a "General Lisimo" pen-name-type.

    ReplyDelete