Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Economic Cooperation


I love to see this type of cooperation! 

In a recent article The Utah Valley Chamber of Commerce and Corporate Alliance, a business networking company have come together help each organization achieve their goals.

On the surface you might thing the two would be competing for business.  But if you know how each works you can see how they really do compliment each other.  Also, if you know either of the groups leaders you wouldn't be surprised to see this sort of strategic partnership.

I got to know Vale Hale during my run for city council and found him to be very forward thinking, reasonable, humble, and open to new ideas.  I've known Corporate Alliance President Jeff Rust since high school.  We played against each other in basketball and Jeff was always better than me as I remember it.  Jeff too has those leadership qualities you would expect to see from a successful businessman. 

I'm proud of these two leaders and wish them well in their endeavors.  This is a great model for our community.  I believe there are opportunities for example, for Provo and Orem to better work together and embrace and respect each others strengths.  Why can't Provo help promote the Timpanogos Storytelling Festival and why can't Orem help promote Provo's Freedom festival? 

We can and we should.

Visit the following links for more information on each organization:

Utah Valley Chamber of Commerce

Corporate Alliance

No comments:

Post a Comment