Friday, January 21, 2011

Healthcare...get your Healthcare...get your Healthcare...Reform


Great op-ed by former Utah Gov and Bush Cabinet Member Mike Leavitt (yes I realize I just mentioned him in my last post and no I'd don't have a crush).

See the full article here: Healthcare reform: Less spending, less government control

I'll summarize his key points quickly:

1) Define contributions not benefits
2) Engage consumers
3) Give states more flexibility
4) More towards sustainable expectations

He offers the three primary reasons why healthcare, an issue Republicans generally do not win, was in 2010 a winning issue for them: "The truth is that people don't like Obamacare for three reasons: It represents too much debt, too much deficit and too much government."

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment